She is an Nigerian-American comedian and actress who plays Molly in HBO’s dramedy series, Insecure. She has been nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress. She was born in Port Harcourt, Nigeria, and raised in Maryland. Her parents expected her to become a doctor, lawyer, pharmacist, or engineer, but after receiving a master’s degree in public health from George Washington University, she moved to New York to pursue a career in comedy.
While working the New York comedy circuit, the big break she was looking for didn’t come as fast as she would have liked, and the actress said she “hit the beginning stages of depression.” In an interview with the Guardian, she said that, during this time, as she was contemplating going back home in defeat, she had a conversation with the Lord which inspired her to create a web comedy about being a first-generation Nigerian. It was this comedy that caught the eye of Insecure creator Issa Rae, and the rest is history.
Though the character she plays on HBO is an often-promiscuous single woman, the actress herself is a virgin and says she will remain so until she is married. But that wasn’t always the plan. She told The Breakfast Club, “Personally, I had plans to have sex when I turned eighteen. I was dating and I had it figured out. But I got to college at seventeen in D.C., and then I got saved.” Her Salvation is working itself out in her life, and she says her goal in the entertainment industry is to ‘make God proud.’ She told another interviewer, ‘For me, there’s no separating faith and Christianity from my walk. I don’t take my Christianity off and put on my acting. I’m just me. I love being Nigerian, I love to laugh, and I love Jesus.’
Her name is Yvonne Orji.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Yvonne Orji trusted Jesus Christ as her Saviour, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!