He is the quarterback for the San Diego Chargers of the National Football League. He was drafted in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft. His career passer rating is the fourth-best all-time among NFL quarterbacks. He ix ranked 3rd all-time in consecutive starts by a quarterback in NFL history.
In his first season as quarterback, he led the Chargers to a 14-2 record. In 2007, he helped the Chargers win their first playoff game since 1994 and eventually led them to the AFC Championship Game. His value as a franchise quarterback has come in the clutch, winning 80 percent of the games he’s played during the final five weeks before the post-season.
He recognizes the importance of being a leader on the football field, but doesn’t fail to see the big picture of life. In an interview with CBN, he said, “Faith, family, and football is how I prioritize my life. They all go together, but they go in that order. The characteristics in our faith and family, in football they’re all the same; the sacrifice, the commitment, the dedication, the toughness and the ability to handle adversity.”
He finds purpose and companionship in his relationship with Christ that has helped carry him through those times of adversity. He explains, “It’s quite awesome! It’s personalizing that Jesus died for me. I think when I really grasp that, you’re able to overcome anything. When you understand that, it’s all the more personal.” He added, “In my profession; [I understand] all the time that I’m playing for an audience of one — in Jesus. Having that stability in your faith and family allows you to relax, be confident, and play.”
Regarding the purpose of he says, “In football we want to win a lot of football games. Right? We want to have a beautiful family. But what are we here for? My question to God, is ‘What is it that you want of me?’ I believe it is to get to heaven and take as many people as we can. You do that daily. You do that in your words. You do that in your actions.”
His name is Philip Rivers.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Philip Rivers gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!