He is an American professional baseball catcher for the Colorado Rockies of Major League Baseball. He played three seasons with the University of Arizona Wildcats and was named by Baseball America to the second All-America team in 2005. He has also played in Major League Baseball for the San Diego Padres and Baltimore Orioles.
He said of his faith, “I grew up in a home where my parents believed in the Lord, and they lived with great integrity, always holding me and my brother accountable for our actions. When they said something, it was pretty easy to listen and follow because they backed it up. I was really fortunate in that sense. They guided me in my early years, and they continue to guide me. That’s how I came to know the Lord. I was blessed because my parents taught my brother, Jake, and me about Jesus and made sure we were in church. I was baptized when I was 12, and Jake was baptized at 13. We accepted the Lord Jesus as our Savior and committed our lives to Him. Since then, it has been a constant journey of learning and growing more in my faith.
“I think I started owning my faith and stopped living off my parents’ faith when I got out of the house to go to college and into pro ball. Something I’ve learned is that the Christian life is ongoing, and learning to trust Christ and live as He would have us to live is a continual path, and it continues today for me.
“My favorite Bible verse is John 16:33, which says, ‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.’ I really relate to it because of my struggles, and because it tells us that no matter what is going on within us, Jesus is still in control. It’s just Jesus talking about how powerful He is. He’s saying that you’ll go through things, you’ll have some trials and tribulations, but know that I am the Lord and I will conquer the world. To know how powerful He is and to know that we serve a God that wins is awesome.”
His name is Nick Hundley.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Nick Hundley gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!