He is an actor, comedian, rapper, screenwriter, director, and producer. He is perhaps best known for his work as a cast member of the Nickelodeon sketch comedy series “All That”, as well as for playing the Invisible Boy in the 1999 Ben Stiller and Geoffrey Rush superhero film “Mystery Men.” In addition to that, he portrayed Kel Kimble on the Nickelodeon sitcom “Kenan & Kel” and was the voice of Jay Jay in the Nicktoons cartoon “Wild Grinders.” He currently stars on the new Nickelodeon sitcom “Game Shakers” and tours doing stand-up and motivational speaking.
In an interview with PEOPLE Magazine, he shares how he struggled after his six-year marriage ended. He said, “I felt like I’d hit a wall. I was like, ‘Okay. I need to figure out what I need to do in my life.’ I have been through so many ups and downs in my life.. Suicidal, divorce, drug and alcohol usage, deep in sin, dealing with the lost of love ones to gang violence, debt, hurt, pain, vanity, lust, heartbreak, feeling LOST looking for answers. I have seen, felt, and been in all types of sin and have been done wrong by others. I was trying to figure it all out on my own. But what I needed to do was turn to Him. Once I found that clarity with Christ, I knew everything would work out. Now, I enjoy living this life. I don’t let things frustrate or worry me anymore. I don’t do that because I have peace in my heart. I have God.”
On his blog, he shares with his readers and followers how to become a Christian. He writes, “If you are ready to admit your need for a clean slate in life, the God of second chances is waiting to give it to you. All you have to do is start with the Sinner’s Prayer. The “Sinner’s Prayer” is a term that describes the words spoken by a person when he or she has recognized their sin and their need for a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. If you are desiring to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, Please repeat these words below out loud from the bottom of your heart:
‘Father, I know that I have broken you laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray Amen.’
“If you decided to repent of your sins and receive Christ today, welcome to God’s Family! Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment. Below are the ways that you can!
“- Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
– Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
– Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
– Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
– Find a local Bible based church where you can worship God.”
His name is Kel Mitchell.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Kel Mitchell gave his life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!